It’s my birthday today, woop woop! Even amidst all the Covid-19 madness that’s currently gripping the globe, I refuse to let my 28th birthday go un-celebrated. 😀 So to mark the occasion I decided to give my blog a bit of a design revamp! And of course I had to write a little blog post too.
N.B. turns out I’ve learnt way more than 27 lessons, but 49 Lessons I’ve Learnt in 27 Years just didn’t have the same ring to it! Enjoy, I hope you’re all staying safe and in good health. And last but certainly not least, Happy Vaisakhi to all my Sikh brothers and sisters. Waheguru mehar kare. ❤
- You won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s ok. Just stay true to yourself and remember that your vibe attracts your tribe.
- Self-care, prayer and exercise are 3 things that will always keep you sane in this crazy world.
- Don’t waste your energy trying to save everyone. Sometimes the greatest gift you can give a person is the freedom to learn their own lessons, at their own pace.
- Never knock your gut feeling or try to suppress it. If you listen carefully, it’ll always guide you in the right direction.
- Be your own biggest cheerleader. If you don’t believe in yourself you’ll never get anywhere in life.
- A teeny tiny thoughtful act of kindness can mean the world to someone.
- A real apology isn’t just about saying sorry, it’s about acknowledging your mistake, understanding why it was hurtful and being sincere when you say that you’ll never do it again.
- Travelling is an experience that you’ll never ever regret.
- One thing you should always be addicted to is self-improvement.
- God is eternal and all-knowing, place all your trust in Him, not in people. People are temporary.
- Change can be terrifying, but it’s the only way to see what you’re really made of.
- When you argue with your partner there’s no winner or loser, you’re a team so you’ve both lost.
- You never know who you’re going to hit it off with, appearances can be misleading.
- Good communication is such an important life skill.
- A life spent chasing money and trying to keep up with the Joneses is a wasted existence.
- When you enjoy what you do and when you get along with your colleagues your office job will feel less like work.
- It’s not always about you!
- Your life partner should also be your ‘purpose partner’ and you need emotional compatibility.
- Optimism can be a learned trait, it just takes some practice to perfect.
- Thinking that you’re better off, or worse off, than anyone else will be the root of your downfall.
- Have goals and be proactive, but remember to pause every now and then to appreciate how far you’ve already come.
- Embrace simplicity.
- Children can be the most annoying little creatures, but they’re also the biggest blessings. So cherish them, listen to them, learn from them and encourage them before they grow up and become as cynical as the rest of us!
- When you know that you don’t have anything nice or constructive to say, sometimes it’s best to keep quiet.
- Some friendships are forever, others have an expiry date.
- We all process information differently: respect that.
- You can’t plan the way your life will turn out, so just enjoy the ride while you can and roll with the punches!
38 thoughts on “27 Lessons I’ve Learnt in 27 Years”
Glad you liked it and thanks for the re-blog 😀
You are welcome
Reblogged this on osarobohenry.
Some solid lessons learnt which will keep anyone afloat in the ‘ocean of life as they say.
Thank you 🙂
Thanks Derrick 😀
Great learnings indeed.
Glad you enjoyed the post!
A happy, healthy, and holi birthday to you !
Thank you Richard 🙂
Happy Birthday and some good lessons there!
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it 😀
Happy Birthday and keep adding to your list of good lessons learned. One should never stop learning.
Agreed! Thanks for the birthday wishes 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Happyyyyy birthdayyyy gal 🙂
Thanks so much Arooba 😀
p.s gooddd leason 🙂
So many of these make sense.
Thanks Shivani 🙂
hey there, I nominated you for Leibster award, have a view.
Thank you Rishabh!
again happy birthday to you, have a great time, also it’s now up-to you to take nomination forward
Sorry. I’m a little late to the party but – happy birthday! Some great points you have noted with some moments of wisdom far beyond your years (I say this, approaching half a century, having only learned some of these myself in recent years!). Have a wonderful year 🙂
Aww thanks so much Ken, I’m glad you enjoyed the post! 😀
Love all the lessons and 24 the most.
Happy birthday to an eloquent blogger
Janamdin diya bohot bohot vadhaiya 🎂 💐
Thank you for your warm wishes Ravi! Glad you liked no. 24 😀
happy birthday again 🥰
Reblogged this on CoffeeMamma and commented:
Thank you 😀
Love the addiction to self improvement. Very wise.
Belated happy birthday