So I was looking through my Drafts folder just now and found this half-finished post that I’d started writing during my travels. I’d answered a bunch of random questions from a bloggers’ Q&A website to pass the time during a seven-hour minivan journey from Bangkok to the Cambodian border.
That was over three months ago, but I’ve finally completed it so I guess it’s time to share. 😛
- What’s your favourite quote? “When nothing goes right, go left”.
- Favourite TV show? As of right now: Master of None, Power & Being Mary Jane.
- Beaches or mountains? Both!
- What made you start blogging? During one of my first job interviews I was advised to start a blog in order to make my CV stand out when applying for editorial jobs, but it quickly turned more personal than professional.
- What are your favourite blog posts to write? Poems, opinion pieces and short stories.
- Do you believe in aliens? Hadn’t really thought about it much, but maybe, possibly, yes!
- Favourite colour and why? Purple. Everyone who knows me would 100% associate me with that colour. I like that it’s vibrant and I’d also like to believe that it suits my skin tone.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? In reality, I have absolutely no clue and I’m fine with that. But in an ideal world, I’d like to be a couple more steps up my career ladder and married, possibly with a kid on the way? Ok that’s scary, back to the present!
- Can you keep a secret? If I like you, then yes.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Nope, lust at first sight is real though!
- Books or movies? Books.
- Who is your favourite actor and why? Leo DiCaprio/Johnny Depp/Robert de Niro, because they can literally play any character and all of their films are instant classics.
- What was the last thing you did for yourself? Washed my hair and painted my nails.
- Who was the last person to text you? I’m more of a Whatsapper, but the last person to text me was my uni friend to tell us that he’s become a dad for the second time! ❤
- Which current pop culture figure is overrated? Justin Bieber/the Kardashians.
- How many people are in your innermost circle? Umm I’d say 10.
- Three things that you love about yourself: My thick skin (figuratively obvs), my sense of humour and my determination, because I count on them to get me through the best and worst of times.
- Three things that you don’t like about yourself: My insatiable need to always be right, my impatient tendencies and my selfish habits.
- Brains or beauty? Brains all day e’rrryday.
- What’s your favourite book? The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.
- Have you ever been pranked by someone/have you ever pranked someone else? Typically, I’m the prankster, can’t actually remember the last time someone successfully pranked me…
- Tea or coffee? Tea of course, I’m British and Indian!
- Can you hold a grudge? For a few days, yes, but then it drains my energy and I let it go. #ain’tnobodygottimeforthat
- Any tattoos? Nope.
- Can a leopard change its spots? In the short term perhaps, in the long term no.
- What do you think is the thing that makes you feel most relaxed? Sitting by myself near a body of water with my headphones in/ being cozy inside when there’s a heavy downpour of rain outside.
- Two traits that you possess which are both a blessing and a curse? My inability to settle for less than what I envision and my compassionate nature.
- Which skill or hobby do you have which only a few others know? I have a fairly decent grasp of the Spanish language.
- What was the last song you listened to? Aja Mahi-RDB.
- What’s in your handbag right now? My purse, a banana, an orange and a pear, a plaster, my keys, a packet of tissues and lip balm: exciting stuff!
- What is the last dream you can remember? Last night I dreamt that my niece could talk (she can’t, she’s a baby). And then I was sitting high up on a thatched roof in a village somewhere and kept dropping my bottle of water. The villagers had to climb a ladder every time and bring it back to me, they weren’t very happy about that…any dream interpreters out there, feel free to work your magic lol.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Cape Town, South Africa is at the top of my list.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? To always be original and never attempt to imitate anyone else, because your strength lies in your individuality.
- What is your favourite food? Anything to do with chicken, or this magical purple soup with kidney beans that my sister makes!
- Films or YouTube? Depends on my mood, but these days more often YouTube.
- One word that you hate? Lump.
- If you could be granted an instant wish, what would you ask for? For everyone in the world to have a strong, unwavering sense of self.
- Are you a cat person or dog person? Dogs, but if I had a choice I’d go with none tbh. I didn’t grow up around pets so I don’t have much of an attachment to them, sorry I’m a heartless demon!
- What are your favourite pizza toppings? Spicy chicken, jalapenos, peppers, green olives, mushrooms, sweetcorn. 😀
6 thoughts on “An Impromptu Q&A”
Great answers. I got to know a lot about you (why did that sound like a I’m a stalker? Because I’m not. I’m more of a “I’d-build-your-shrine-and-worship-you” kind of person. Not sure which of them sounds more creepy😜 ) And it’s actually a really great advice on how to become Ranbir Kapoor in this world of Shahrukh Khans (in short, be original. Don’t copy😂)
Lol I’m liking the Bollywood analogy! Don’t worry I’m far from being creeped out, much more flattered if anything 😀
Oh thank you!😄
I love this. Great insight into your personality, and some of your answers put a smile on my face.
Also just read your ‘Sick Day’ post – rest up, take care and get well soon!
Thanks Karan, nice to see you back on my blog 😀
It has been a while hasn’t it?! I’ll be tuning in regularly now, don’t you worry haha