As you may or may not know, I don’t do new years resolutions. Nope, I’m more of a ‘go with the flow/ see what happens/ work hard and hope for the best’ kind of girl. So rather than listing all of the things that I hope to achieve in 2016, I’ll just do a quick review of how 2015 went for me, so here goes:
- A lot of the family and friendship dynamics in my life shifted this year. But hey, people grow apart, that’s life. Sometimes you just have to move on and do your own thing, and if they’re meant to be in your life, have faith that they’ll catch up again one day.
- I visited six different countries this year and felt like a proper grown-up being able to organize, book and pay for it all by myself. 😀
- I’ve decided what my next career move is and I’m confident that I’ll attain it in 2016, just gotta stay motivated!
- I regained confidence getting back behind the wheel after taking an extremely long break from driving (yay me!).
- I’ve been cooking more and actually enjoying myself in the process.
- And my sisters are both moving on to new amazing chapters in their lives which I cannot wait for!
But putting myself aside, what did 2015 give all of us? Without lowering the tone too much, we saw air strikes, refugee crises and terrorist attacks all over the world, making a lot of us feel like we were witnessing the beginnings of WW3 at times.
Keeping with the lowered-tone theme, we saw Donald Trump run for US presidency (boo!), as Kanye West declared his impending campaign for the 2020 presidential election (lol). While on the other side of the pond, junior doctors waged a war against villainous health secretary Jeremy Hunt in the UK.
But on the bright side, same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 US states this year! 🙂
In popular culture, we saw the emergence of Caitlyn Jenner (yawn), the 50 Shades of Grey and Star Wars films, the fall of Bill Cosby, Jon Snow’s death in GoT (still crossing my fingers on that one) and Adele’s long-awaited return to music. The craze of hover-boards was unmissable and of course One Direction fell apart (woo hoo). Phrases such as: squad goals, man-buns, Netflix and Chill and contouring also defined much of the last 12 months, most of which I think we’ll all be more than happy to leave behind us in the new year!
And last but not least, there was an unfortunate increase in the number of Beliebers all over the world…including me. I know, I know, I hate myself for it, but what can I say? His last few singles have just been so damn easy to listen to .
Overall, I think we can all agree that it’s been a pretty eventful one, now let’s see what 2016 pulls out of the bag for us! Happy (almost) New Year everybody, from the bottom of my heart I wish you all nothing but the best :D.
Categories: New Year