I feel like every so often we all need a quick pep talk to reassure us and remind us of how awesome we are, because in the words of L’Oreal, ‘we’re worth it dammit!’ [or something to that effect].
At the moment a couple of my close friends are down in the dumps. They’re stuck in one of those dangerously contagious ‘meh funks’ in which people are left feeling directionless, indifferent and inadequate. I know this because I’ve also been struck down by this epidemic before and it sucks! So this post is for everyone out there who needs to be pulled up out of the funk.
There are a few things that I need you to know right now:
- It’s ok to not have a plan, but don’t lose faith…you need that. If you acknowledge your capabilities you’re already half way there my friend, the sky is the limit. 🙂
- This is YOUR life and only YOU should be in a position to be making choices and decisions that will affect it, don’t give that right to anyone else, it’s precious and like I said it’s YOURS.
- You’re not alone. At this precise moment the majority of us are feeling lost/dissatisfied about something or another. Trust me, we’re all just muddling along, even that ‘perfect’ person who you believe always has it together. Scratch beneath the surface and you’ll see that they’re just a mere-mortal-mess too! The only difference is that their showmanship skills are slightly more polished than yours. So try not to isolate yourself too much and cut yourself some slack buddy.
- You’re irreplaceable. There’s nobody else on this entire planet quite like you: fact. Scour the earth by all means but you’ll never find anybody who has the same heart as you, or anyone whose mind works in the same wonderfully weird way as yours does! You’re unique. Remember that and use it to your advantage, it’s your own personal superpower!
Ok, so now that we’re clear on all of that, I need you to dust yourself off and do the following:
- Blast your favourite pump music and run around outside for a bit, or jump on your bed for ten minutes, and don’t forget to sing along at the top of your lungs! You’ll feel so good afterwards I swear. 😀
- Take a break from social media, that’s an order!
- Distract yourself by helping someone else out. Teach somebody a skill that you already possess, do the dishes, make dinner, drop your Nan off to her hospital appointment, listen to your friend rant about his/her own problems etc., etc. Or if that sounds too taxing, just be nice. Do it the old fashioned way: dish out some compliments and smile more (show off those pearly whites!). Trust me, positivity is contagious and it’ll give you a much needed kick-up-the-backside-reminder of the fact that you’re needed and valued a lot more than you like to think.
I can’t guarantee that you’ll get the exact thing that you desperately want right now, or that whatever void that’s in your life will get filled tomorrow, but I can guarantee that life goes on and that you’ll be ok.
Things have a habit of working themselves out, trust me on that, everything will be ok in the end. And if it’s not ok, it’s not the end, so hang in there buddy.
You’re a fighter [GRRRRRR!] and I believe in you. 🙂
Sending a truckload of positive vibes and good karma your way. ❤
41 thoughts on “A Pep Talk”
Especially the social media! And sometimes I will just not listen/watch the news for a day. All the negative shouting, rather than reasoned discourse, it just makes me sad; I can catch up the next day. Thanks for this positive reminder to take care of ourselves!
Great tips, I agree, taking a break from the news every now and then is very necessary for sanity! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
A motivating post. I do like running here and there, within my house, mainly behind my son
Haha good to hear Akhila 😛
Love that! ^^
It’s true 😀
After the crappy afternoon I have had reading this is just what I needed 🙂
Yaay mission complete 😀
Life “in the meantime” is tough. Your friends are lucky to have your care.
Thanks for stopping by Alice 🙂
Thanks for the re-blog 🙂
I think social media is a major cause of some of my anxieties and I tend to stay away from it altogether.
Great tips! Loved the positive vibe! This totally motivated me to be honest… We always get so wrapped up in our stuff that we sometimes forget how simple things can actually be if we wanted to… Thanks for posting this!
I’m so glad to hear that, keep that positive vibe going 🙂
Thanks for the re-blog 😀
Great advice. I agree with everyone. Funnily enough the social media one too
Thanks for stopping by Daisy 🙂
The worst is that people who are demotivated infect the people around them, great post!
Very true, which is why we all need a good pep talk to keep not only ourselves, but everyone around us sane.
Lovely post to *pep” up my afternoon!
Brilliant post – keep spreading your magic and hope it’s just as useful to you as I’m sure it is to many.
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it 🙂
You go girl! Love your writing!
Thanks Rose 😀
Great post; and I love the image of that “pep talk” ticket! Super creative 🙂
Aww thanks for noticing 😛
No problem! 🙂
🙂 Just 🙂
way to pump up the volume there! you have amazing energy and it is so cool you’ve shared a little with all your unknown friends out here as well as the ones next to you in life. people judge themselves so harshly sometimes, I’ve done it ohhhhhhh once daily…… too. We just have to let it go. let it go. mindful breathing. I love that you mentioned MOVING!!! around, and also HELPING others. two huge items that have helped me. way to crush the motivation today. even for those NOT in the dumps, these are words that will KEEP us out- so keep it up – but don’t spend TOO much time on the social media 🙂 momentummikey, just an unknown friend.
Glad you could relate to the post so well Mikey 🙂
This is such a lovely post! I think I’ll be coming back here and reading this when I’ve had a rubbish day and I’m feeling a bit deflated. I love the ‘distract yourself by helping someone out’ advice! 🙂
Awesome, I’m glad to have been of service 😀 Make sure you do stop by again!
Just what i needed today 😘
So happy to hear that 🙂
We all need this once in a while don’t we?! Coincidentally, just yesterday I received some positive reminders from a friend and I had needed that, to know that we’re all different and special. It helps to keep going, even when the going is not so tough; but you’re right, life goes on and that’s a guarantee 🙂 Thanks for another great reminder!
No worries, I’m happy to help 😀