I feel like every so often we all need a quick pep talk to reassure us and remind us of how awesome we are, because in the words of L’Oreal, ‘we’re worth it dammit!’ [or something to that effect].
At the moment a couple of my close friends are down in the dumps. They’re stuck in one of those dangerously contagious ‘meh funks’ in which people are left feeling directionless, indifferent and inadequate. I know this because I’ve also been struck down by this epidemic before and it sucks! So this post is for everyone out there who needs to be pulled up out of the funk.
There are a few things that I need you to know right now:
- It’s ok to not have a plan, but don’t lose faith…you need that. If you acknowledge your capabilities you’re already half way there my friend, the sky is the limit. 🙂
- This is YOUR life and only YOU should be in a position to be making choices and decisions that will affect it, don’t give that right to anyone else, it’s precious and like I said it’s YOURS.
- You’re not alone. At this precise moment the majority of us are feeling lost/dissatisfied about something or another. Trust me, we’re all just muddling along, even that ‘perfect’ person who you believe always has it together. Scratch beneath the surface and you’ll see that they’re just a mere-mortal-mess too! The only difference is that their showmanship skills are slightly more polished than yours. So try not to isolate yourself too much and cut yourself some slack buddy.
- You’re irreplaceable. There’s nobody else on this entire planet quite like you: fact. Scour the earth by all means but you’ll never find anybody who has the same heart as you, or anyone whose mind works in the same wonderfully weird way as yours does! You’re unique. Remember that and use it to your advantage, it’s your own personal superpower!
Ok, so now that we’re clear on all of that, I need you to dust yourself off and do the following:
- Blast your favourite pump music and run around outside for a bit, or jump on your bed for ten minutes, and don’t forget to sing along at the top of your lungs! You’ll feel so good afterwards I swear. 😀
- Take a break from social media, that’s an order!
- Distract yourself by helping someone else out. Teach somebody a skill that you already possess, do the dishes, make dinner, drop your Nan off to her hospital appointment, listen to your friend rant about his/her own problems etc., etc. Or if that sounds too taxing, just be nice. Do it the old fashioned way: dish out some compliments and smile more (show off those pearly whites!). Trust me, positivity is contagious and it’ll give you a much needed kick-up-the-backside-reminder of the fact that you’re needed and valued a lot more than you like to think.
I can’t guarantee that you’ll get the exact thing that you desperately want right now, or that whatever void that’s in your life will get filled tomorrow, but I can guarantee that life goes on and that you’ll be ok.
Things have a habit of working themselves out, trust me on that, everything will be ok in the end. And if it’s not ok, it’s not the end, so hang in there buddy.
You’re a fighter [GRRRRRR!] and I believe in you. 🙂
Sending a truckload of positive vibes and good karma your way. ❤