You know those times when you just can’t help but to grin from ear to ear? Those ordinary yet priceless moments that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside (however ridiculous and insignificant they may seem to the rest of the world!) Well I’ve noted down a few of my own personal favourites:
- The feeling of skipping out of the office on a Friday evening
- The feeling of walking in the pouring rain (no wind) sheltered by a big sturdy umbrella
- The feeling when my phone lights up with a message from someone special
- The feeling of being curled up in a blanket with a cup of tea and hot water bottle by the fire when it’s below zero outside
- The feeling of leaping onto my train just a split second before the doors shut and thinking, YES I made it!
- The feeling when I’ve got my family around me (not the entire clan, are you mad?! Just my select few favourites :P)
- The feeling of trading smiles with a stranger on the street
- The feeling of a big hug just when I need it
- The feeling of catching up and giggling hysterically with old friends
- The feeling of watching fireworks/sky lanterns above my head in a crowd
- The feeling of holding a sleeping baby
- The feeling when I’m able to cheer someone up and make them laugh
- The feeling when I’m able to do my eye-liner flicks symmetrically on the first attempt and without any fuss!
- The feeling of my mum’s hand resting on my forehead
- The feeling of waking up before my alarm and realising that I still have hours left to sleep
These are feelings that I wouldn’t trade for the world; the simple things in life that I appreciate so very much 😀
16 thoughts on “Simple Things”
For a beauty blogger, this one really hits home, “The feeling when I’m able to do my eye-liner flicks symmetrically on the first attempt and without any fuss!” You’re too cute! xo
Haha thanks, I’m glad you appreciate that one…It really does make me happy when I get it right on the first attempt! 😛
Thank you 🙂
Great moments – I share a few with you though not, these days, the holding-a-baby one!
Lol mind you I did say ‘sleeping’ baby, I’m not so sure that the wide-awake and screaming ones would make the list!
Even sleeping ones now hold no interest for me. Alas, my wife still goes gooey-eyed every time she sees one!
I have nominated your blog for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers award!
If you choose to accept the nomination you simply follow this link
the rules are:
1) you must put a link back to the blog that nominated you
2) answer the 10 questions I wrote for you.
3) nominate 7 other blogs you think are awesome 🙂
4) ask them 10 questions of your own!
5) you must add the logo of the award to the top of your post.
should you choose to accept or not, I chose your blog because I think it’s great 🙂
Thanks so much for the nomination! I really appreciate it and I’ll be sure to check it out asap 🙂
Reblogged this on ankgoswami94.
Thanks for the re-blog 🙂
your welcome 🙂
My pleasure 🙂
Reblogged this on Sufi Spirit and commented:
I think this is one of the cutest blogs I’ve read here on WordPress- its so true!
Aww thank you for the re-blog 🙂
No problem 🙂